• Slow Cooker Chole masala


    Hot and Spicy Chole masala in Slow cooker



     

     

     

     

     

     

    Cooking is all fun, but its all about the time it takes but don't forget slow cookers. Who said slow cookers are just for western and continental foods why not Indian. slow cookers are actually well suited for Indian recipes, as it takes more time, the masala and spices are well blended with food, lets start with hot and spicy chole masala.

     Ingredients:

    1 cup chole or chana.
    1 tomato 1 onion 2 garlic flakes 1 tbsp  of chole masala.

    soak chole or chana for 12 hrs.
    In my case I soaked them in the morning before I started for work.

    After 12 hrs, I sauted onions and tomatoes with chole masal with little oil and salt.
    Grinded them to a fine paste.
    In my slow cooker, I arrange all the chana and then added grounded gravy with 4 cups of water.
    Had them on high for 1 hr and left it on low for 6 hrs( All night).

    All ready in the morning, prepared some rice and had the gravy along.

    Didn't spend more than 5 mins. and took 2 mins for grinding. isn't all fun..???













    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Keep updated, join us on facebook

    Nav2 (Do not Edit Here)

    Nav1 (Do not Edit Here)

    Slider(Do Not Edit Here!)

    Banner Ad

     

    Blogger news

    About

    I started learning cooking from my grandmother, Mrs. Gunaseeli, who gave me her recipes and tips and some measurement tools for making them. The red measuring cup that I use in my recipes was once owned by my granny. My grandmother is very passionate about cooking and travel. She has written many cook books. This blog is one way to document her writing and to make it available for everyone.

    Blogroll