• Cooking Dhal without pressure cooker.


    Cooking Dhal without pressure cooker. 


    I recently got a query on this. Toor take much longer time to cook without a pressure cooker, but when you do not have a pressure cooker, you can use to stove top for cooking dhal.


    Toor Dhal - Quarter cup.
    water - 4 cups. olive oil or sessame oil - 2 drops.

    Important: Do not cover the pan while cooking. 

    Bring the water to boil and add the washed dhal to the boiling water. Stir every 10 minutes. It took half an hour to get the soft cooked dhal, which can be used for sambar. Mash the dhal with a spoon or potato masher, this makes the dhal more mushy, which can be used for rasam or soup.

    Add drop of oil to boiling water.


    Add washed toor dhal

    After 10 min

    After 20 min.
     
    After 30 min, Dhal is ready.
    Dhal tadka: Add turmeric to dhal, temper cumin seeds, dry red chili in hot ghee and garnish with coriander.





    2 comments:

    1. Incredible! This blog looκs just like my old one!
      It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!
      Also see my website - beem schnellkochtopf ersatzteile

      ReplyDelete

    Keep updated, join us on facebook

    Nav2 (Do not Edit Here)

    Nav1 (Do not Edit Here)

    Slider(Do Not Edit Here!)

    Banner Ad

     

    Blogger news

    About

    I started learning cooking from my grandmother, Mrs. Gunaseeli, who gave me her recipes and tips and some measurement tools for making them. The red measuring cup that I use in my recipes was once owned by my granny. My grandmother is very passionate about cooking and travel. She has written many cook books. This blog is one way to document her writing and to make it available for everyone.

    Blogroll