• Non Fried Potato Fries


    Non Fried/ Baked/ Roasted Potato Fries:

    Simple, Guilt free recipe, to make crispy fries with less oil (2 tbsp for 1 large baking potato).

    1 large baking potato, peeled and cut. Juliane cut or potato wedges
    Preheat the oven at 400F. 


    Microwave the potatoes for 3 min. Do not crowd the potatoes. microwaving the potatoes removes the moisture from the potatoes, so we get crispy fries.  
    Add 2 tbsp of oilve oil

    Add salt and chili powder/ Pepper powder according to taste. 
    If you serving this fries as a starter or snack, use pepper. I served this with rice, so I added chili powder. 
    Bake the potatoes at 400F. 
    After 10 mins, flip the fries. Do not crowd the potatoes while baking, it will steam the potatoes resulting in soft mushy fries. 


    Bake for 10 more min or until golden brown.


    Guilt free fries..you can try this with sweet potatoes with your own seasoning. Do not over bake the fries, it will make fries hard than crisp. Given a taste after 15-20 min, you will know when to remove the fries from oven


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Keep updated, join us on facebook

    Nav2 (Do not Edit Here)

    Nav1 (Do not Edit Here)

    Slider(Do Not Edit Here!)

    Banner Ad

     

    Blogger news

    About

    I started learning cooking from my grandmother, Mrs. Gunaseeli, who gave me her recipes and tips and some measurement tools for making them. The red measuring cup that I use in my recipes was once owned by my granny. My grandmother is very passionate about cooking and travel. She has written many cook books. This blog is one way to document her writing and to make it available for everyone.

    Blogroll