• Shrimp Oreganata Recipe


    Shrimp Oreganata Recipe


     


    This is a Italian recipe with oregano, pepper, parsley and crispy bread crumbs for the texture.
    Ingredients are few and simple, there are so many variations, I like it this way, I hope you all like it too. 

    Ingredients:

    Shrimps - around 25 pieces. 
    Japanese panko bread crumbs. 
    1 tsp of lemon zest(grate the yellow skin of lemon and not the white part)
    1 tsp of dried oregano but fresh oregano preferred. 
    1 tsp of ground pepper
    1/2 tsp of chili flakes. (optional)
    Juice from half a lemon.
    2 tsp of chopped garlic.
    parsley for garnishing. 

    Method


    Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add chili flakes. Adding chili flakes is totally optional. If you dont like chili flakes, skip this part, add 1 tsp of pepper instead of half a tsp. 
    Add shrimps and cook for 3-4 min.



                                            Add chopped garlic.


    Add parsley, oregano, lemon zest, pepper.

    cook for 3-4 mins and just before removing from heat, add juice from half a lemon, not much. 


    Yumm, I wish you smell this.....
    Add panko breadcrumbs and drizzle some olive oil on top 

    broil for 2 -3 min to get golden brown crispy texture. 

    Shrimp oreganato is all ready, enjoy anytime.  You can make so many variation to this recipe. Try this on salmon or cauliflower. you will sure love it. If you like some cheese, grate some parmesan on top while adding breadcrumbs. but I have never tried cheese on sea food.





    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Keep updated, join us on facebook

    Nav2 (Do not Edit Here)

    Nav1 (Do not Edit Here)

    Slider(Do Not Edit Here!)

    Banner Ad

     

    Blogger news

    About

    I started learning cooking from my grandmother, Mrs. Gunaseeli, who gave me her recipes and tips and some measurement tools for making them. The red measuring cup that I use in my recipes was once owned by my granny. My grandmother is very passionate about cooking and travel. She has written many cook books. This blog is one way to document her writing and to make it available for everyone.

    Blogroll