Chocolate chip cookies
Step by step photos below
I am very excited to share this chocolate chip cookies. My all time favorite cookie, the is cookie very light and crispy on the outside but not very crispy. It soft and chewy in the inside. The recipe is very simple with very handy ingredients. The recipe usually calls for 1 stick or 8 Tbsp of butter, but this recipe is slight modified by adding 1 Tbsp of vegetable shortening. If you do not want to add vegetable shortening here, skip adding shortening and add 8 Tbsp of butter. Egg can be substituted using applesauce or egg substitute that are available in the market. This is basic recipe, you can make it anytime, sure your kids will love them.
I am also adding a link about baking the cookie in a convectional microwave oven, hope this helps.
Baking cookies in Convectional microwave oven
Serves 2 dozens
1 cup + 2 tbsp - All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp - Salt
1/2 tsp -Baking Soda
1/2 tsp - Pure Vanilla Extract
7 Tbsp of Unsalted Room Temperature Butter
1 Tbsp Vegetable Shortening at Room Temperature
3/8 cup or 6 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
3/8 of a Cup or 6 tbsp of Brown Sugar
1 cups Dark Chocolate Chips.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
1. Mix flour, salt, baking soda together.
2. Using a electric mixer whisk butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
3. When the butter and sugar is whisked well and fluffy add the vegetable shortening, egg and vanilla extract.
4. When all the wet ingredients and mixed well but do not over mix, add the dry ingredients little by little.
5. Using a spatula, mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients and gradually combine the chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
6. Using a cookie scoop or by 1 Tbsp measure the cookie dough and drop them on to the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 min or until golden brown.
8. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 min and remove them to cooling rack or a different plate.
9. The cookies are crisp on the outer, but soft and chewy in the inside.