Creamy Cauliflower Korma/Kurma
This is a rich creamy korma, this recipe can be prepared with chicken too. Vegetables for this white korma is totally up to your choice, you can add potatoes, peas and carrots too. This korma is mildly spicy and all the Indian spices well balanced with ground coconut and heavy cream .
Cauliflower - 1 Medium
Onion - 1 Medium
Shredded coconut - 1 cup.
Green chilies - 3-4. or for taste.
Garlic cloves - 3
Bay leaf - 3
green cardamom - 3
1 small cinamon stick.
cloves - 2.
Extra virign olive oil or sesame oil - 2 tbsp.
Heavy cream - 1/4 cup.
1. Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
2. In a sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil.
3. When the oil is hot, add all the spices( cardamom, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cloves)
4. On medium heat, wait for a couple minutes or until the spices crackle.
5. Add the chopped onion and little salt.
6. Once the onions are cooked and soft, add the shredded coconut and green chillies.
If you are using frozen shredded coconut, bring the coconut to room temperature or microwave 10 seconds.
If you need the korma to all white, the add the chilli seed alone and not the green part.
7. Once they are cooled, blend all the ingredients with little water.
8. In the same sauce pan, add the florets and add water until the florets are all cover.
9. Add salt to the florets and cook for 8-10 min.
10. Now, add the blended coconut gravy to the cauliflower and cook for 5 min on high.
11. Add the heavy cream just before removing from heat.
12. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or Naan.
Remove the coconut mixter from the pan.
Add the cauliflower florets to the same pan.
Add the blended coconut, onion and spicec gravy to the cauliflower.