• Eggplant/ Brinjal Fry with pasta sauce


    Eggplant/Brinjal fry with pasta sauce


    Brinjal is always a hit in my home, but I am bored of making the same fry, poriyal and sambar. This is a all new recipe - brinjal fry coated with some pasta sauce. This is not a recipe actually, I tried this just like that. I had a big jar of pasta sauce and some brinjals for dinner, I thought of mixing both - my usual brinjal fry and some sauce from the jar that's how I ended up making this recipe.You can modify this recipe as you like, but do let me know your magic.
    Pasta sauce is a simple sauce prepared with some crushed tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and some salt and pepper. I used a store bought pasta sauce.




    Ingredients.
    Eggplant/ Brinjal - 1 (long and violet)
    chilli powder 1 tsp
    pepper powder -1 tsp
    olive oil - 2 Tbsp
    pasta sauce - 2 Tbsp or for taste.

    Method
    Slice eggplant into circles, just like chips.

    1. Heat oil in a saute pan.
    2. When the oil is hot, add sliced eggplant and salt.
    3. After 2-3 min, turn over the eggplant and saute them on medium high heat for 2-3 min on each side.
    4. When the eggplant is half way cooked, add the chilli powder and cook them fully.
    5. When you are just about to remove from heat, flavor the eggplant with some pasta sauce.




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Keep updated, join us on facebook

    Nav2 (Do not Edit Here)

    Nav1 (Do not Edit Here)

    Slider(Do Not Edit Here!)

    Banner Ad

     

    Blogger news

    About

    I started learning cooking from my grandmother, Mrs. Gunaseeli, who gave me her recipes and tips and some measurement tools for making them. The red measuring cup that I use in my recipes was once owned by my granny. My grandmother is very passionate about cooking and travel. She has written many cook books. This blog is one way to document her writing and to make it available for everyone.

    Blogroll