Tirunelveli wheat halwa
Wheat flour - 1 cup.
Water - 2 cups. (for soaking) + 1/4 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Chopped nuts - 1/4 cup
1. Take the wheat flour in a bowl and make a soft yet firm dough by adding water little by little.
2. Place the dough in deep bowl and add the water and let the dough soak for minimum 3 hrs.
3. After 3 hrs, mix the dough gently with hands and filter the wheat milk to another bowl, discard the left out gluten.
4. Let the wheat milk sit undisturbed for 15-20 min.
5. After 20 min, discard the top most clear liquid part of the wheat milk.
6. Take a deep, heavy bottom vessel with high sides, boil sugar along with water.
7. Make half thread consistency sugar syrup.
8. Then add the wheat milk to the sugar syrup and keep stirring.
9. Keep stirring until you get a jam consistency,at this point add ghee little by little.
10. The whole stirring process takes 30 min - 40 min.
11. Garnish with nuts.
12. After removing from heat, add the cardamom powder.